POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Turbulence : Re: Turbulence Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turbulence
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 24 Feb 2000 08:00:39
Message: <38B52BF3.72B9F8B9@peak.edu.ee>
Well, on a XZ plane and a gradient x I'd say a warp{pigment{marble} x} would
produce the zig-zag pattern.
Each point of the gradient would be warped along the specified axis (here x),
and the amount of warping would depend on the current value of the warp pattern
(marble = gradient z triangle_wave which goes min>max>min>... along the z axis).
Several image manipulation programs have filters that use this prince; I know
GIMP has one, so does HLA (height_field generator). It allows for many kinds of
interesting effects.

Margus